27.11.08

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

It’ been very strange not being home this thanksgiving, mostly because the thing I’m most thankful for in the world is my family, but they are thousands of miles away. I had class this morning and then there was a special thanksgiving lunch at the cafeteria. They served what I think may have been turkey, but I’m not one hundred percent sure, with some baked potatoes and green beans. It’s just hard because Nigerians don’t really understand how important thanksgiving is, so they kind of think I’m being a bit of a baby for being homesick today. So I took a four hour nap and then went Karatu Library to read to kids. And as usual, God smacked me in the face and made me realize that I am in no position to be the least bit depressed. The kids always make me smile and just remind me that you’re never really lost as long as you know who you are and it’s never about what you have (health, family), it’s about knowing that there are blessings that are so much deeper than those! So I hope that you all had a wonderful thanksgiving and I’m thankful for each and every one of you!

p.s. Aunt Nancy, I am seriously expecting you to freeze a plate of Thanksgiving dinner for me! And please use one of those high tech Ziploc bags that prevent freezer burn. Thanks!

No comments: