22.8.11

my day-

1.decided to wear a dress. mistake. ive never been harassed so much in my life. heeeeyyyy bbbbaaabbbbbyyy
2. had to judge little girls. yes, another nina escolar
3. got blisters on my feet by 11 am
4. rode a super crowded bus and almost fainted.
5. tried to get off said bus in said dress. struggle fest.
6. while walking to bus number 2, a dog emerged from under a truck and barked at me. then 8 more dogs came out from under the same truck. i ran into the street and started screaming, swinging my purse in giant swoops to break through the circle the mad dogs had formed around me and worrying that if they bite me i dont even have jeans to protect my legs. rabies anyone?
7. i realize while my heart was still pounding that a lot of people witnessed the scene of the insane gringa screaming in the street.
8. got home and the electricity was out. not really a big deal, but heck, just thought id add it in here for kicks.

im laughing right now. honestly though? what on earth.
oh peace corps. love it!

3 comments:

Ben Bleckley said...

:( Oh Sam, I'm so sorry! What a sucky day! And with the electricity out when you get home to top it all off - can't even cook something comforting at the end of the day.

I hope tomorrow's better. Some days it's the hardest/(this isn't the exactly right word, but: worst) job in the world.

jandnreed@aol.com said...

You may not like this but imagining you in this ordeal is the highlight of the day! Thanks for the laugh. This could be me or Nicole, too! Luckily it was not.
Numero Uno Tia

Andrea said...

woof