18.9.12

Life has its ways of keeping us in check.  Its going well, great even and then crack.  It all breaks.  Òr we break it.

That is a complete exaggeration.  My life did not break.  But let`s just say, I got caught in the crossfire of an unhealthy relationship and it hurts to watch someone you love turns against you.  Long story short, it was a hellish week but everything happens for a reason.  So now I am officially moved out and living at the house of a teacher I work with and her family.  I have the first floor all to myself (besides pia of course)!   

Here are some pics of life in Zunil!

Independence Day Parade, Zunil (can you spot me?)

The new place!!!

My inspiration center...

My very own kitchen!!!!

Where I work! haha

The boyfriend is in a band (marching band, that is)

You know, just wearing traje, talking on the cell, in the muni... typical peace corps

church, mountains, flag.  GUATEMALA!

My host niece, she's not walking yet, but the girl knows how to wear traje!!!

2 comments:

chrissy said...

lovely pictures! that traje you're wearing is fantastic

Jim & Nancy said...

What, no carpeting?