2.3.09

English in Spanish



In honor of my newly discovered love of the English language, I thought you all might enjoy some words that lack a Spanish counterpart and therefore are encorporated into the Spanish language (with an accent of course). My personal favorite is delivery. And now that I've sat down to write down all the words, none of them are coming to me. Well, I'll keep you posted as they come back to me.





Life is going well. Friday concluded my Intensive Spanish Course and i had an orientation for exchange students which was very helpful. The fam here went to the beach for the weekend and I joined them on Saturday. It was my first experience traveling alone within a foreign country by bus and it went really well. The buses here are double decker and the seats are super comfy (you can almost lay flat) so, it's the most common way to move around the country. The trip from Buenos Aires to Santa Teresita was about 5 hours and I enjoyed getting to see the country (lots of cows for eating). The ocean was beautiful, I got to relax and enjoy some down time before the semester officially started. We camped at a place right next to the beach and had wonderful weather until Sunday night. I headed out around 1 am on Monday morning and slept the whole way back.





Today I attended my first, for real, legit classes. The first was Latin American History in the 1800s, focusing on literature. Then I went to a Politics and Society in Argentina class (but I don't think I'll be taking it). Fortuneately the university lets exchange students try out classes for a week before officially registering. So I'm not exactly sure what my schedule will look like as of now. It's really hard, but I just have to stay persistant and know that it's going to get easier with time.





Here's my address:
VIRREY A. OLAGUER FELIU 1960
(1636) C.P. OLIVOS
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA





And as always, I uploaded more pictures:



http://picasaweb.google.com/samantha.boss

No comments: