20.3.09

On Wednesday I went to my cafe after class to get some serious reading done. But as life would have it, a protest literally started right outside the cafe. I live several blocks from the president's house (where she lives, she works at la Casa Rosada downtown). The police shut down the street, setting up metal walls to keep the people as far away from the gate as possible. But metal walls are nothing to human spirit, and within a few hours they broke through and took their pumped fists straight to the gate... What do they want? Better security in Buenos Aires. More and better police. There are a lot of robberies and murders (frankly very similar to DC), and the people are fed up. Needless to say, I didn't get much reading done... But I sure learned a lot.
Seguridad: Mejor y mas!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: