2.7.09

mate and gripe



It's officially finals season! I'm up at ungodly hours of the night, thinking deep thoughts instead of reading the GIANT MOUNTAIN of paper that I need to conquer in the next week... And along with these deep thoughts, I have my MATE! ahaha, you pronounce it ma tay, not mate. So it's a delicious argentine custom in which you take dry herb and poor it into a special mug that has a straw with a filter at the bottom. Then, you poor in warm water and drink through the straw! To me it tastes a lot like green tea, but much more fun. "Taking mate" is quite a process and there are a lot of rules... Normally you drink it with a group of people and lets just say, it would literally take a lifetime to get every little thing perfect. But, I've become quite the expert, so when i get home (two weeks!) just say the word and I will personally teach you about the rewarding mystical beauty of mate! In other news, "LA GRIPE" aka swine flu has become quite the issue here in BsAs. The city has declared a state of health emergency and everyone is laying low at the moment. To me, people seem to be making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be (but it might be that I'm in 'that' stage of my life). Just eat your fruits and veggies, take your vitamins and don't take mate after others or greet people with kisses (interesting to look at the cultural variables that play into pandemics)...


Posted by Picasa

No comments: