17.4.11

some pictures for your enjoyment! Visiting a coffee plantation during training with the lovely Elvira, our Spanish/culture instructor.
The swearing-in ceremony at the Ambassador's residence (I took the same oath as the military, foreign service and more or less the president)


I, Samantha Boss do solemly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, domestic or foreign, that I take this obligation freely. And without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion. And that I will well and faithfully discharge my duties in the Peace Corps, so help me God.


Cooking up a storm for our host families at the end of training (pictured: Meredith Burns)


Our swear-in ceremony and celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Peace Corps made it on the front page of Prensa Libre (Guate's leading paper)... no biggie



2 comments:

Jim & Nancy said...

The picture in the market (I think) is so filled with bright colors. I loved it especially blown up.

Ben Bleckley said...

Wow, front page! Are you quoted?

We were all hoping Nelson Mandela would show up for our swearing in. I guess he has more important things to do, like end poverty or something.